? Sourced from micro tea estates. ? Only organic, non-sprayed botanical used? Free from additives, including flavourings, extracts and colourings.
? Handcrafted in Sydney, Australia.
Sourced from Uji, Japan. Karigane green tea is tea made of stem and stalks of tea tree. Sweet, nutty and green and very low in caffeine.
Karigane is a regional Japanese green tea, a byproduct when making sencha and matcha. It is traditionally drunk mainly by tea farmers as not to waste the teas, but also for its light and sweet flavours.
To compliment its sweet green and nutty aromas, we added cornflower to give it a bit of blossom highlights.
To get the full profile of this tea, it is best to brew first brew at 1-1.5 mins, and re-brew the same leaves 3-4 times each time brew a bit longer. That way, you will truly be on a tea journey.
Country of Origin: Japan (green tea), Albania (cornflower)
Harvest Period: Early February 2019 (Spring)
- Use 1 - 1.5 teaspoon per cup (220mL).
- 70 Celsius water (turn off kettle when you hear the first bubbling hiss).
- Allow to steep for 1 - 1.5 mins the first brew, then subsequently 3-4 mins each time.
- This tea can be brews up to 4 times. Try it cold as well!
25 - 30 cups (of first infusions)
COLD BREW METHOD:
- Use 1-1.5 teaspoons of tea leaves per 200mL. Place leaves in a herb pouch for easy usage (or you'll need to sieve it once it is brewed).
- Add tea into a heat stable vessel (that you can place in fridge).
- Add 50 C water (to get 50 C, fill kettle 1/3 way, boil, then top the 2/3 kettle with room temperature water).
- Chill in fridge with leaves in overnight. You should see the tea change to an amber colour.
- TO SERVE, I recommend a tall glass with ice, pour tea over it (sieve it through if you didn't use a herb pouch). ENJOY